GTAIV - Tweaker

MonkeyMhz

Hey!

GTAIV Tweaker

* Please note that not all features in the screen shot work yet.

- The minimize button minimizes it to your system tray to reduce clutter.

-------------------------

Not Working Features:

Don't expect anything to work, that way if it does it will be a pleasant surprise and if it doesn't you wont get upset.

Screenshot:

user posted image

Sorry to break your heart but its not ready for release yet. You can expect a beta or a basic version by Saturday some time, please dont complain I have a full time job + i have to work on my game engine and now this. wink.gif

Crits & Comments always welcome. If ive missed any features let me know, traffic slider will be added later if I can find how to edit it. I also will be adding refresh rate and im still looking away to lock the camera on the cars. But first I wanna get the encryption tricking working.

suicidal.gif -> Rockstar We Love Your Game, But We Feel Ripped When We Pay $50 And The Quality Is Lame <- suicidal.gif

But at least R* made a patch so we have to give them credit for that, but they still probably wont add anymore options so thats why im making this. colgate.gif

Edited by MonkeyMhz

That's awesome. But with the View Distance and Detail Quality, can't you make it so that when we move the slider it actually shows where we are represented by a number from 0-100?

That's awesome. But with the View Distance and Detail Quality, can't you make it so that when we move the slider it actually shows where we are represented by a number from 0-100?

Yea i added that on the list, stupid mistake lol.

Oh yea and im gonna try not to only make this app for tweaking settings but I wanna make a full out easy mod utility. GTAIV is gonna have a big mod potential and if I can make that easier to do, we can have a lot cooler mods cool.gif.

Looks like a great Idea.

I hope that is photoshop for now and just concept.

because I have to bust everyone's bubble.. you dudes realize that this is yet another piece of software running while you game.. right? clean your hardware, clean your software, uninstall and reinstall your drivers updated, sift through drivers till you find the ones that work best.

YES you have to do that with your motherboard drivers also.

Cool your machine.

ADD fans, upgrade heatsinks

update heatpaste. If you can get the heat tape that amd uses from manufacturer, use that.

GLHF

Looks like a great Idea.

because I have to bust everyone's bubble.. you dudes realize that this is yet another piece of software running while you game.. right? clean your hardware, clean your software, uninstall and reinstall your drivers updated, sift through drivers till you find the ones that work best.

Cool your machine.

update heatpaste. If you can get the heat tape that amd uses from manufacturer, use that.

GLHF

Thats not photoshop its working and its coded, and no you do not run it while playing your game, u simply open it, change what u want click save file or embed or whatever the hell, and then it creates the files and u exit it and then start up GTAIV, it is not extra crap running while playing the game.

Looks like a great Idea.

because I have to bust everyone's bubble.. you dudes realize that this is yet another piece of software running while you game.. right?  clean your hardware, clean your software, uninstall and reinstall your drivers updated, sift through drivers till you find the ones that work best.

Cool your machine.

GLHF

Thats not photoshop its working and its coded, and no you do not run it while playing your game, u simply open it, change what u want click save file or embed or whatever the hell, and then it creates the files and u exit it and then start up GTAIV, it is not extra crap running while playing the game.

Then I have to say

Awesome. Keep it going. Exactly one item that is needed for alot of people.

If you need someone to host it let me know, I have six domain to chose from and unlimited storage and bandwidth.

well simi unlimited 5 tb ul a week max.

Thanks, once the GTA IV modding community gets more alive after this starting disaster ill be happy to work with any modders adding any features they would like, we wanna make console ppl jealous again lol...

Looks like a great Idea.

Cool your machine.

GLHF

f*ck that. anyone with sense has done these things already when they built their pc (and updated drivers regularly)

we shouldnt have to buy more f*cking cooling fans to play a game (gta iv doesnt even use the hardware enough to make any heat anyway)

[[[ R* = BS ]]]

CPU:AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ 3.2GHz

RAM:4094MB

HDD:500GB

GFX:ATI RADEON HD3870 800mhz clock (GDDR4 512mb)

Monitor:HG216D 22" 16:10

Stickymaddness

Awesome, nice work!

Out of interest, what did you write it in?

Mods should delete this thread.

What sort of idiot spends his time making that simple app, when he can't do the proper things he claims it will do yet, and then posts it in some sort of premature delusion of grandure?

MMhz, does this do anything that isn't in our commandline.txts?

If not, why are you showing off something you don't even know how to do?

There are a lot of pissed off people here already, without you making more of a con than R*.

You might mean well, but you shouldn't be making claims without knowing how to back them up, that is just attention seeking.

Be wary of this guy, I've seen him waffle sh*t on another forum.

What sort of idiot spends his time making that simple app, when he can't do the proper things he claims it will do yet, and then posts it in some sort of premature delusion of grandure?

There are a lot of pissed off people here already, without you making more of a con than R*.

You might mean well, but you shouldn't be making claims without knowing how to back them up, that is just attention seeking.

He's trying to help the community by making a utility that would make it easy for people to edit graphic settings on their game. He wants advice on what to add and wants to let people know the progress he is making. What's wrong with that? I commend him for it, that's awesome. As I said before, this is exactly the reason I love PC Gaming. You can't do this stuff on a console.

I fact, this topic should be pinned after he really finished that app. It's very useful for newbs.

He's trying to help the community by making a utility that would make it easy for people to edit graphic settings on their game. He wants advice on what to add and wants to let people know the progress he is making. What's wrong with that? I commend him for it, that's awesome. As I said before, this is exactly the reason I love PC Gaming. You can't do this stuff on a console.

If he'd made an app that was for people who didn't want to edit a text file, then fair enough.

Instead he has made all sorts of claims he doesn't know how to deliver.

That's stupid in imho, even if he does eventually succeed.

I put TinyXP on my old laptop, since even the "full" Windows XP was too bloated for it.

Does the trick, it's very lightweight and does what it needs to do. Surprised that crappy laptop can actually run any form of XP.

If he'd made an app that was for people who didn't want to edit a text file, then fair enough.

Yeah, but he said he wasn't sure he could deliver. He just said he was trying to. Which props for that, I wish I knew how to do that.

Yeah, but he said he wasn't sure he could deliver. He just said he was trying to. Which props for that, I wish I knew how to do that.

How to do what? Say you are gonna try to do anything and boast about it in advance? It's easy, have a go :-)

My fullest support m8.

Shame I can only deliver in thought and not by any extra help.

But This is a good thing m8.

Things can only get better.... icon14.gificon14.gif

My fullest support m8.

But This is a good thing m8.

Things can only get better.... icon14.gificon14.gif

well... lets hope the patch doesn't break the game any futther..

My fullest support m8.

But This is a good thing  m8.

Things can only get better.... icon14.gif  icon14.gif

well... lets hope the patch doesn't break the game any futther..

Well, for people who cannot play the game, I guess things cannot get worse anyway....

Things like these small tools can make a lot of difference if they work they way the are intended to do.

You often see community made stuff that surpasses the developers stuff.